Ensure zero downtime by getting straight to work in your new premises while we decommission the old ones
Before you can fully focus on a new workspace, you need to make sure the one you are leaving is ready to be handed back to the landlord or released for sale. Not only can this be complex and time-consuming – at a time when you are already stretched – there may be missed opportunities to optimise resources or boost your corporate responsibility (CR) strategy.
At MovePlan, we can manage the decommissioning of your old building so you can focus on hitting the ground running in your new one.
We’ll draw up a detailed decommissioning plan and practical schedules. We can make sure you comply with any lease obligations and regulatory requirements. We can also arrange the donation of any unwanted furniture or other assets to local charities and community partners. And at the end of the process, we’ll arrange formal handover with the landlord or release for sale.
What does it involve?
Whenever you leave a workspace, our highly experienced team can arrange and co-ordinate the full decommissioning process.
This could include:
- Data gathering and validating with key groups to ensure we understand the full requirements for landlord handover or release for sale
- Identifying and recording items for removal and items to remain
- Sourcing and managing service providers, including onsite supervision
- Complying with all environmental, health and safety requirements
- Identifying and organising any CR opportunities, including re-use, recycling or donating
- Preparing a detailed handover report, including CR data
Work with MovePlan
Our tried-and-tested methodology and agile infrastructure enable us to provide flexible, global support for projects of all sizes, thanks to our 100-strong team across 16 hubs and six continents.
Please get in touch to discuss your decommissioning needs with our team.
A holistic offering
MovePlan’s services work together as a network, providing a tailored, evolving solution for our clients.