Moves are widely recognised to be stressful, expensive and time-consuming. Managing stakeholders at every level, whilst co-ordinating all other aspects of a changeable project can be a daunting task. If managed well, a seamless move will be quickly forgotten, but the ramifications of a poorly-managed move quickly impact upon income, operations, relationships and reputation.
MovePlan’s core service provides peace of mind and mitigates the risks surrounding relocation by offering:
- A positive move experience for everyone
- No disruption – everyone remains productive
- Time and money savings
- CRE / FM team freedom to focus on the new facility
- Everything documented and shared – reducing key person risk
Our expert Move Managers integrate quickly with client teams to understand requirement and culture. We work hard to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients and 70% of our business is on a repeat or referral basis. We provide a dedicated Move Manager to every project, supported by additional team members as the peaks of your project demand.
The MovePlan Toolkit © currently contains over 250 checklists and templates that we share with clients to make life easier. Tailored to each specific project, our team can respond to changing requirements quickly and easily.
Let our team take the strain of shifting programmes, changing business requirements, elastic timeframes and multiple move phases.
MovePlan takes responsibility for the move programme from start to finish:
- Develops optimum move strategy and risk management plan
- Delivers effective Communications & Engagement Plan
- Builds robust logistics schedules and control programmes
- Controls all move data
- Reviews and reduces filing and storage
- Controls budgets and reports regularly
- Procures the move vendor(s) – independent, transparent and accountable process
- Supervises all move shifts
- Provides pre and post-move customer support
No move is too large, too small, too complex or too geographically remote. Having worked across all sectors and industries, the MovePlan team is constantly hungry for the next challenge.
Moving to a new location or workplace model significantly impacts your operation’s filing and storage space. It presents the opportunity for dramatic cost savings, but how do you strike the balance between design and functionality? How do you implement a reduction programme without inciting rebellion?
MovePlan saves you the cost of unnecessary cabinets and space, whilst improving your operations, with impressive financial results. We regularly achieve filing and storage reductions in excess of 70%.
Whether you’re moving, changing workplace model or just in need of a spring clean, MovePlan can:
- Future-proof your organisation’s filing and storage
- Review and revamp document retention policies
- Prepare for a change in location or workplace model
- Reduce operational costs and optimise space utilisation
- Engage stakeholders and manage the change required
- Improve information security
- Improve workflow and operations
- Encourage environmentally sustainable behaviours
- Specify new storage units
- Maximise the value of the new design – verify suitability
Most clients are looking to achieve filing and storage reduction. This is achieved through MovePlan’s proven ENDGAME© approach:
- Establish existing quantities of filing and storage – physical audit
- Nurture stakeholder discussion – existing practices
- Develop change vision – future practices
- Generate and agree targets for each team – identify hotspots
- Action implementation plan and reduction programme
- Monitor progress with each team
- Evaluate success
We also frequently undertake bespoke filing and storage consultancy programmes, focusing upon security measures, fireproof requirements, e-filing systems and cost benefit analysis (new vs re-use of cabinets).
Change management is an integral part to best practice across any business operation, but it can be tricky to identify the exact type of service model required. The level of choice available within the workplace change market is staggering, the consequence of the wrong decision far-reaching.
MovePlan’s change management and delivery service is designed to complement your investment in Workplace Strategy. We help you to achieve maximum benefit from your workplace of the future as quickly as possible – turning that vision into reality.
The exciting cultural shifts, cost savings and productivity benefits promised can only be realised with significant support and motivation from corporate real estate resources. Workplace transition and moves go hand in hand, leaving resources stretched, exhausted and stressed. Let MovePlan’s experienced team augment your own to the benefit of the whole business.
Tailored to each client, areas of change management and delivery typically include:
- Create and/or implement a Change Plan
- Develop the Communications & Engagement Programme
- Co-ordinate learning and education opportunities
- Compose and deliver all communications
- Host engagement events
- Monitor feedback and change success
MovePlan’s change management and delivery adapts best practice change management approaches to the needs of corporate real estate and facilities professionals. It incorporates the Prosci ADKAR® change model and many of our staff are certified Prosci® change practitioners. We understand that in order to achieve lasting, effective change, you need an approach that is structured, pragmatic, hands-on and successful. We regularly work alongside other workplace strategy and change management consultants to support and enhance their strategy to the benefit of the client.
Undertaken as a stand-alone exercise, or combined with our Zero Downtime Move Management service, MovePlan’s Change Delivery service adds significant value to your workplace change programme.
It is impossible to determine a new workplace model without having an understanding of how the existing workplace is used. Which areas and facilities are popular, which are ignored? How often are desks occupied and are meeting rooms really as busy as the booking system suggests?
A rigorous space utilisation study provides the empirical data you need to present a strong business case. MovePlan can provide the resources and methodology to conduct the study in a reliable and discreet fashion, using a range of approaches and software. A final report will be prepared and presented back to your team.
Whether you’re planning a significant change in workplace model or just keen to identify current status, MovePlan’s expert space utilisation studies will prove invaluable.
Moving labs and clinical environments can be exceptionally challenging. Complex equipment, hazardous substances, irreplaceable research programmes and passionate, engaged staff provide all the ingredients for an intense and pressurised project. Risk management takes centre stage and the stakes are high.
MovePlan focuses upon safety, continuity of care/research, chain of custody, minimal planned downtime and the seamless transfer of operations. To date, we have moved over 150,000 assets, 45,000 staff and 1,500 labs and clinical spaces.
Our logical and methodical approach is popular with scientists, engineers and clinicians, as we seek their input and expert insights to develop the optimum approach. It is our combined focus upon detailed process and effective relationship-building that has generated a high level of repeat business within the sector.
We undertake the following:
- Develop high level move schedule
- Communicate and engage with each lab and clinical department
- Collate data – create and verify equipment lists, including weight, dimensions, services, specialist vendor requirements and infrastructure impact
- Create the Activity Schedule for each lab and clinical department
- Prepare all filing and storage requirements
- Manage all environmental, health and safety requirements
- Procure, schedule and manage all vendors
- Interact with IT, security and road transit authorities
- Supervise physical move
- Provide pre- and post-move support
With clients across the healthcare, pharmaceutical, education, engineering and defence sectors, no project is too large, small, complex, secure or specialised for our expert team.
MovePlan will manage all detailed planning and engagement with the librarians, custodians and curators, leaving the CRE and FM team to focus upon wider facility issues. MovePlan has significant experience in the movement of books, specimens, medical records and unusual collections.
MovePlan will typically address:
- Move schedule and timeline
- Layout and collection flow
- Pitch height and cabinet specification
- Book tagging and tattle tape procedures
- Asset tracking systems
- Preparation for transition to automated systems (i.e. ASRS)
- Rare, precious and secure item handling
- Book cleaning
- Quality control
We will tailor a communications and engagement programme to reflect the objectives of your project. Typical services include:
- Build and maintain a Communications & Engagement Working Group – include corporate communications, HR and other key stakeholders
- Creation of a Communications & Engagement Plan
- Demographic profiling and analysis
- Content creation
- Social media
- Event management
- Surveys and feedback
- Pre- and post-move support – concierge service
Occasionally our clients require a tailored service that doesn’t quite align with the standard service lines. In these instances, MovePlan leverages the international knowledge base of its PMP™, PRINCE2™ Prosci ADKAR® Project Managers, MBAs, space planners, change managers and corporate real estate experts to tackle any challenge.
Drawing from nearly 30 years of consulting experience across hundreds of organisations in every industry, MovePlan is able to offer strategic advice relating to any aspect of space management, change and move-related planning activities. Examples of strategic consultancy services recently completed include:
- Staff impact analysis and feasibility study of different locations
- Creation of a change delivery toolkit
- Research into workplace models across government
- Travel and transport review and analysis
Often, MovePlan’s clients require a range of supplementary services to complement existing provisions and models. MovePlan is adept at fulfilling specific requirements. Typical additional services provided include:
- Furniture, Fittings & Equipment management (FF&E) – existing and new
- Inventory Services
- Asset Management
- Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS)
MovePlan will develop a solution based upon your needs.
Read more about other services